by Linda Cloutier

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Did It Again

Entered a cake in an online contest, that is. The theme was Summer Sports and since I already had a picture of a baseball cake, I entered that. The original blog post with the details is here.


This cake was made two years ago for the El Paso County (Colorado) Fair. My decorating skills have improved since then and there are many things I'd do differently now. Well, except for the peanuts...I really like how those gumpaste peanuts came out.

Heck, my picture-taking skills, not to mention my camera, have improved since then. Ignore the date stamp...not only were my picture-taking skills bad, I didn't even know how to get rid of that, never mind have it show the right date!

Much to my surprise, it was voted into the top 10! Out of 79 cakes, it was #8. Very pleased!






No comments:

Post a Comment