by Linda Cloutier

Thursday, February 21, 2013

2013 Sweet Times in the Rockies Part 1

It's that time again! Time to update you on the 2013 Sweet Times in the Rockies! This year, not only did I enter two cakes, I chaired the committee! It wasn't in the plan, but hey, you know what they say about the best laid plans (OK, it was schemes, and it was of mice and men, not cake decorators, but you get what I mean). I think a whole other blog post should be about the work that goes on behind the scenes of a cake show. For now...

I entered the Advanced Division, Celebration Cakes...

And I won 2nd place!



I called this Around and Around and Around We Go, for obvious reasons. It's an amalgamation of several different things I've wanted to do on a cake for a long time now. Mostly simple techniques that came together to be very visually appealing.

Here's the beautiful 1st place cake in the Advanced Celebration Cakes:



My other entry was in the Advanced Division, Tiered Cakes...I love a tiered cake, especially a tiered cake with ruffles! I was inspired by an appliqued calico tea towel and had SO MUCH FUN!

And...it won! 1st place!



I was so pleased, because my competition was pretty stiff! Here's the stunning 2nd place cake:


So, I was very happy overall...


 As always, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. The one which you got 2nd price, According to my view, 2nd price cake must and should get 1 st price. Its really looking like excellent design. Is this possible to provide same design cakes in Hyderabad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete